From British Columbia all the way to Nova Scotia, this week TripAtlas.com is bringing you to 10 of the most decadent, luxurious, and relaxing spas in Canada. We've selected a broad range of spas including day spas, destination spas, resort spas, mineral spas and medical spas that represent the best of what many of Canada's provinces have to offer.
Whether you're visiting the spa for a couples retreat, a romantic getaway, a girls' get-together, a man-cation, or a family vacation - there's something for everyone at these spas: stunning views, natural treatments, and luxurious service. If you're looking for more on getaways, you won't want to miss our Top 10 Amazing Dream Getaways in Canada that will take you from the Okanagan to Montreal, and Churchill, Manitoba.
So hold on to your cucumber eye pads while we journey through Canada to find the Top Spas in the True North!
10 Incredible Spa Getaways and Destinations in Canada
1) 100 Fountain Spa at the Pillar and Post Hotel in Niagara-on-the-Lake in Ontario is one of TripAtlas.com's favourite spas: not only does it offer traditional country charm and luxury, but 100 Fountain Spa is also located in Niagara-on-the-Lake, one of the top wine regions in Canada, as well as the coziest. The spa's European spa services include Vichy rain showers, reflexology, vinotherapy treatments, and an exotic outdoor hot spring. The Pillar and Post Hotel was built in the late 1800's and offers classic country charm, perfect for a relaxing getaway or romantic spa holiday in Ontario. For more information, please visit: www.vintage-hotels.com.
2) Ancient Cedars Spa at Inn in Tofino, British Columbia is our pick from the countless spas in British Columbia. One of the best parts of Wickaninnish Inn is that it is definitely secluded: a five-hour drive from Victoria, BC. Surrounded by ancient cedars, the spa offers healing treatments using natural products. Some of its top treatments include the Hot Stone Massage and their side-by-side Sacred Sea treatment, which offers a full-body exfoliation, looking out into BC's stunning wilderness. For more information, please visit: www.wickinn.com/spa.
3) Inn on the Cove & Spa in Saint John, New Brunswick. Escape from everyday life and discover serenity at the Inn on the Cove & Spa in Saint John, New Brunswick. The inn and spa is located at the edge of Canada's famous Bay of Fundy and offers woodland, beaches, and water activities for young and old. Try out some of the spa's body care & massage treatments, the spa escape packages or go for a special spa three-course lunch for relaxation with a view: overlooking the Bay of Fundy. Go here for more information: www.innonthecove.com.
4) Fox Harb'r Resort and Spa in Wallace, Nova Scotia. Located on the Northumberland shores of the Atlantic Ocean, Fox Harb'r Resort and Spa is definitely "a resort that will beckon your return." With ocean-side golf courses and sport shooting for the men, the spa at Fox Harb'r is the perfect indulgence for those looking for relaxation and rejuvenation. Luxurious treatment rooms, hydrotherapy underwater massages, pedicure massage chairs, fireside manicure treatments - and of course, luxury robes and your choice of herbal tea, this seaside escape will take your breath away. For more information, please visit: www.foxharbr.com/spa.
5) Willow Stream Spa at Fairmont Banff Springs in Banff, Alberta. The Willow Stream Spa at the Fairmont Banff Springs is perfectly characteristic of all things luxurious and all things Fairmont. Set in the Canadian Rocky Mountains, surrounded by glaciers and sparkling alpine waters, this stunning spa sanctuary truly offers "a precious moment on the top of the world." Treat yourself to Willow Stream Spa's luxurious services while enjoying the breathtaking view of the stunning view. Try a Rockies Rehydration treatment, a Wildflower Body Polish or the Banff Mineral Scrub that uses mineral and botanical elements from the Rockies. For more information, please visit: www.fairmont.com.
6) Spa at the Monastery and Suites in St. John's, Newfoundland is located in a historic heritage building in the heart of St. John's. The Spa at the Monastery and Suites is a unique experience of stained-glass windows juxtaposed with ancient Indian Ayurvedic therapies along with European and Western skin and relaxation techniques. From hydrotherapy to Reiki treatments, salon services, wraps and spa services for men, the Spa a the Monastery and Suites offers an exotic space in St. John's, Newfoundland. For more information, please visit: www.monastery-spa.com.
7) Le Scandinave Spa in Mont Tremblant, Quebec. Le Scandinave Spa at Mont Tremblant is one of the most well-known and popular spas in Quebec and especially for those visiting Mont Tremblant for a ski or snowboarding trip. When visiting this day spa, you'll take part in the Scandinavian bath experience along with spa treatments, yoga, relaxation areas, and massages: "the ultimate experience of well-being." Le Scandinave Spa also offers accommodations packages, partnering with other lodges, inns, hotels, and bed and breakfasts in the Tremblant area. For more information, please visit: www.scandinave.com.
8) Ten Spa at the Fort Garry Hotel in Winnipeg, Manitoba. In unsuspecting Winnipeg, Manitoba, you'll find Ten Spa on the 10th floor of the luxurious Fort Garry Hotel. With a full array of spa treatments ranging from ancient techniques, European traditions and scientific technologies, the modern spa with a Turkish twist offers indulgence for the senses. Skin care, body care, or even group parties, sooth and unwind with your friends at Ten Spa for a great time in Winnipeg. For more info, please visit: www.tenspa.ca.
9) Temple Mountain Spa at the Post Hotel & Spa in Lake Louise, Alberta. The Post Hotel & Spa is nestled in the mountains of Lake Louise. Its Temple Mountain Spa is inspired by nature and surrounded by one of the most breathtaking national parks in Canada. Take a break from skiing and try a Rose Clay wrap or a Herbal Thai Steam Massage. Go for the Temple Glacier Renewal for a head-to-toe skin detox. If you're going to the spa with two, try a couples massage or some of Temple Mountain Spa's facial treatments. For more info, go to: www.posthotel.com.
10) Temple Gardens Mineral Spa Resort in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. Located in downtown Moose Jaw's historic area, the Temple Gardens Mineral Spa Resort is one of the best in Canada because it features Canada's largest therapeutic Geo-Thermal Mineral Water indoor/outdoor rooftop pool. The mineral-rich waters from below the earth's surface helps to boost heath, relax muscles, and rejuvenate skin. Sun Tree Spa services offers high-standard spa treatments and therapies like a Lavender and Mango Butter Body Wrap or a Flavoured Body Polish treatment. For more information, visit: www.templegardens.sk.ca.
Sit back, be pampered, and enjoy!
Share and discuss this story with your friends
Gizelle Lau is a freelance writer & photographer in Toronto, Canada with a passion for food and travel.
Located: Toronto Canada
Likes: cities, culture, food/wine, paths-less-travelled, photography, wildlife