If you've been itching to visit the skyscrapers and deserts of Dubai but your budget isn't letting you - then we have an answer for you. Friendly Planet Travel has announced a six-day tour of Dubai for $1,499 with optional extensions to Cairo and Kenya. Read on for more!
Six days in Dazzling Dubai
Not too long ago, it was a quiet oasis in an expanse of desert, but over the last three decades, Dubai has become one of the hottest destinations for travellers.
Known for having the biggest, best, and most lavish of everything, this coastal city has made a name for itself as one of the most expensive, over-the-top places in the world to vacation, reserved for an exclusive crowd of savvy, sophisticated travellers with plenty of money to spend.
All that is about to change, as travellers get ready to pack their bags and join Friendly Planet Travel on its six-day Dazzling Dubai tour for just $1,499 including airfare.
"You won't find this degree of opulence anywhere else in the world as you find in Dubai," says Peggy Goldman, President of Friendly Planet Travel. "Dubai is the home of The Dynamic Tower, a rotating skyscraper that you'll swear is a mirage; The World, a man-made Archipelago of 300 islands constructed in the shape of the land masses of Earth; Burj Dubai, the world's tallest building; and Burj Al Arab, where you'll find the world's most expensive hotel room, just to name a few. For the longest time, Dubai represented an unattainable ideal vacation for most. But we love a challenge, and putting together an affordable package to Dubai was a thrilling goal for us to attain."
See the best Dubai has to offer in six days
Dubai has established itself as the gem of the United Arab Emirates, and this package lets travellers enjoy some of the best Dubai has to offer:
- Flights are via Emirates Airlines, one of the world's top five carriers
- Hotel accommodations are at the luxurious Fairmont Hotel Dubai, named one of the world's best by ForbesTraveller.com
- Travellers experience quintessential Dubai on the included guided city tour: cosmopolitan, pulsing with vibrant nightlife, rich culture, eye-popping architecture, and shopping that ranges from elegant designer malls to street markets filled with spices and gold
- Travellers can spend the remainder of their time in Dubai exploring on their own, or they can take advantage of inexpensive optional tours. Among the most popular are a wild desert safari by 4 x 4 vehicles, ending with a delicious dinner under the stars, complete with belly dancers and a henna tattoo artist
- Another favorite is a visit to the Mall of the Emirates, where you can ski the world's only indoor slopes (complete with ski lift). Of course, Dubai's renowned Burj Dubai, Burj Al Arab, Palm Island, and The World can't be missed, as well as the trendy Dubai Marina, Internet City, posh Emirates Hills, and the Gold and Diamond Park
- For travellers with more time, Friendly Planet Travel also offers two extension packages to make the most of your already-included airfare. The Kenya Wildlife Safari extension, at $999, includes a mini-safari and takes vacationers to Nairobi's Masai Mara National Game Reserve and Kigio Conservancy. The Cairo Flash extension, at $499, offers travellers a tour of Egyptian wonders to the Pyramids of Cheops and Chephren, the Sphinx, and more.
For more information about this trip to Dubai and trip extension options, please visit www.FriendlyPlanetTravel.com.
Looking to book a trip to Dubai? Check out the TripAtlas.com Trip Builder where you can request a quote from over 104,000 travel agents who are ready to offer you the best prices on your trip.
Share and discuss this story with your friends
Gizelle Lau is a freelance writer & photographer in Toronto, Canada with a passion for food and travel.
Located: Toronto Canada
Likes: cities, culture, food/wine, paths-less-travelled, photography, wildlife