Hawaii has always been one of the most romantic places in the world.
Whether you’re on your honeymoon or on a romantic getaway vacation, read on to discover 10 of the best ways to get romantic in Oahu.
1) Picnic on a secluded beach: Paddle out to sea on a kayak adventure together with a break for a picnic on the secluded beach of Mokulua Island, just off shore from Lanikai Beach on the windward side of O’ahu.
2) Pampering for two: Getting pampered and relaxed together is great for the heart, soul, and romance. Many spas on O’ahu now offer treatments and massage for couples with professionally trained masseuses who incorporate Hawaiian, Asian, Western, and Polynesian beauty and relaxation concepts into truly extraordinary pampering experience. Try the spa at the Kahala Hotel and Resort Spa Suites; SpaHalekulani at Halekulani; or Na Ho’ola Spa at Hyatt Regency Waikiki.
3) Explore each other with chocolate: Mandara Spa at the Hilton Hawaiian Village offers for couples, “An Exploration in Chocolate” treatment, which starts with side-by-side massages in a twin spa suite, followed by applications of chocolate macadamia nut exfoliation scrub, and ending with an aromatic bath.
4) Go for a night on the town: Nightlife on O’ahu celebrates love with romantic music, dancing and special acknowledgement of wedding and honeymoon couples. Get down with your partner at Wonderlounge at W Honolulu Diamond Head; the Lotus Soundbar on Kuhio Ave.; or Pearl Ultralounge at Ala Moana Center.
5) Beachside drinks at sunset: Waikiki’s beachfront hotels offer spectacular views sure to make lovers swoon, especially at sunset. Try the Mai Tai Bar at the Royal Hawaiian; House Without a Key at Halekulani Hotel; or Tiki’s Grill and Bar at ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Hotel.
6) Fireworks – in more way than one: Love fills the air at Bali by the Sea at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort and Spa, which offers a dramatic oceanfront setting, a relaxed atmosphere, and selection of 350 fine wines. A weekly fireworks show on Friday nights makes this dinner spectacular and the perfect surprise for a romantic night out.
7) Dinner under the stars: For an intimate dinner served under the stars in a cabana setting, the Cabanas Seaside Grill has been home to many marriage proposals. With a direct view of the Pacific Ocean, this private dinner at Kahala Hotel & Resort won’t dissapoint.
8) Most romantic table in town: Watch all of Waikīkī beneath your feet as a glass elevator zips you 30 stories up to The Hanohano Room at Sheraton Waikiki. Enjoy a romantic candlelight dinner for two, with spectacular views of Waikiki, Diamond Head and Pearl Harbor.
9) Movie for two: For a thoughtful and unique romantic evening, the Movie Museum offers movies for two. The intimate 18-seat movie theater can be rented exclusively for private screenings of all of your favorite romantic classics.
10) One-of-a-kind keepsakes: Let your love shine with elegantly designed Hawaiian jewelry by Philip Rickard at the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center. Phillip Rickard can custom design special Hawaiian heirloom pieces, engraved with your names translated into Hawaiian.
For more on visiting Oahu, go to: www.visit-oahu.com.
Looking to book a trip to Hawaii? Check out the tripatlas.com/new Trip Builder where you can talk to hundreds of local travel agents ready to give you the best custom prices on your trip!