For a fun and inspiring trip along the east coast, be sure to visit Kennebunkport for lobster, sights and more lobster. Here are 10 reasons to visit Kennebunkport – in no particular order!
- The average temperature can range from 50 degrees to a balmy 70. The glorious sunsets on the beach that doesn’t set till 7 p.m. so there’s plenty of time to enjoy the day.
- Taste a variety of local Maine beers brewed right on site at Federal Jacks Brew Pub. Try the sampler-a great way to enjoy all of the available seasonal flavors
- Enjoy dinner for two at the Award-Winning Port Tavern & Grille when you stay two or more nights at The Kennebunkport Inn in April and May. The inn also has terrific rates that start at $99 midweek!
- Lobster, Lobster, Lobster of course! You really can’t get enough of this tasty crustacean. Take a short drive to Cape Porpoise to view Goat Island Light while you munch on a Lobster Roll on the dock. Or try the lobster at Mabel’s Lobster Claw re-opens; a local favorite, a must for any visitors and featured on Rachel Ray’s Tasty Travels
- Kennebunkport is located only 75 miles north of Boston, 180 miles from Hartford and 177 miles from Providence
- Classic Maine Salt Water Taffy at the Candy Man
- Have a quiet, relaxing walk along the many trails at the Franciscan Monastery
- Snap some pictures of the former President, Bush Sr. summer home. When the flag is outside, they are home. Play your cards right you could get invited to lunch!
- Live local music on Friday and Saturday nights at Federal Jacks
- Visit the very unique Wedding Cake House; one of the most photographed Gothic Revival buildings in the United States
If you’re planning on visiting, be sure to book a room at the Kennebunkport Inn for a charming New England holiday for families or couples. Go to www.kennebunkportinn.com for more.