Vail’s rep may be for glitter and glam, but smart skiers prefer champagne powder at draft beer prices-and with plenty of après-ski fun to boot. The Antlers at Vail hotel’s staff of savvy insiders offers 6 ideas for enjoying the snow scene without the sacrifice.
1) Cheap Eats: Savor a Coleman beef Lark burger with organic fixings plus a beer for under $20 at Larkspur at the base of Chair 6; bite into a Big Cheesy Calzone at Bagali’s funky Lava Lounge, West Vail; or order a slice and a beer at ski patrol hangout Vendetta’s on Bridge Street, Vail.
2) Get Fit: Guests at the Antlers receive complimentary passes to nearby Vail Athletic Club which boasts Vail’s only indoor climbing wall, plus LeMond spin bikes, fitness classes, free weights, cardiovascular equipment and steam/shower facilities.
3) Free Tunes: The Bud Light Street Beat Free Concert Series is offered Wednesday evenings mid-December through early April in Vail Village. www.vvf.org.
4) Night Light: The Back Bowl offers retro bowling in a high-tech facility, including Neon Nights’ glow-in-the-dark balls. For more on glow-in-the-dark bowling, visit: www.thebackbowl.com.
5) Board Story: View primitive gear and ski-world legends free at the Colorado Ski & Snow Museum, or take Vail’s new free Mountain Welcome tour-including museum ski history and an insider’s guide to the mountain-daily at 11 a.m. More info: www.skimuseum.net.
6) Breaking News: Vail Daily’s online events calendar tracks happenings around town, plus information on the area’s restaurants, bars and nightclubs; www.vaildaily.com.
For more information or to book today, please visit: www.antlersvail.com.