If you’re looking for a great culinary getaway with the spice and allure of Miami, Florida, then be sure to check out Mandarin Oriental’s Miami Culinary Weekend Experience (www.mandarinoriental.com/miami) taking place at Azul restaurant throughout 2009 with top chef Clay Conley. Read on for more!
Miami Culinary Weekend Experience
Azul, the signature restaurant at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, presents its 2009 interactive cooking class series starring award-winning chef Clay Conley. Guests will have an opportunity to savor a weekend of culinary delights, book individual classes or reserve the entire six-class culinary series.
In each class, Chef Conley will share his cooking tips and prepare the ultimate gourmet lunch along with student chefs in the magnificent marble-clad open kitchen of Azul. A sumptuous three-course tasting menu is matched with flights of premium wines by sommelier Cynthia Betancourt. Both an entertaining and learning experience, guests with a passion for food will create epicurean delights, discover new flavor techniques and learn the skills to craft and present beautiful plates.
Student chefs will receive recipe cards and cooking notes for easy step-by-step reference. Upon completion of the class, graduates will receive a certificate of participation and a signature Azul apron.
Culinary Class Schedule: classes are held from 9:30am to 1pm on various Saturdays throughout the year:
- March 14, 2009: "Organic Cooking" – Including a trip to Paradise Farms in Homestead, Florida
- April 18, 2009: "Lavish Brunch" – How to Prepare an Elegant Brunch from Benedicts to Blinis
- May 2, 2009: "Summertime Grilling"
- September 12, 2009: "Learn the Art of Japanese Cooking"
- November 21, 2009: "Festive Ways to Prepare for the Holidays"
The Miami Culinary Weekend Experience offers a host of luxurious delights including:
- Accommodations for two nights (arrive on Friday and depart on Sunday)
- Gourmet arrival amenity
- American breakfast daily for up to two persons
- Group interactive cooking class with Star Chef Clay Conley
- Private meeting with Chef Conley to choose your evening’s dinner menu
- Three-course dinner for two in Azul (excluding beverages, including tax & gratuity)
- Take-home gift: Specially engraved culinary tool
Rates for the weekend package based on double occupancy are from $1748 for classes held March and April, from $1588 for May and September, and from $1328 for November. Rates are per room for a two-night stay and are subject to availability. Individual classes are $175 per person plus tax; pre-registration and payment required. Participants may also wish to sign up for the full six-class series for $875 plus tax.
Each class includes a three-course lunch paired with wine, recipe booklet and signature Azul apron. Attendance is limited to 15 students. For reservations, please contact Azul directly at (305) 913-8358 or visit www.mandarinoriental.com/miami to book your stay at the Mandarin Oriental in Miami.