Opening in Spring 2010, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter will take over Universal Orlando Resort’s Islands of Adventure.
J.K. Rowling, Universal Orlando Resort and production designers, Stuart Craig and art director, Alan Gilmore, from Harry Potter films worked together to create a world of Harry Potter. This will be the only Harry Potter theme park destination in the world.
More on Harry Potter and film fun from tripatlas.com/new? Find out how you can Visit Hogwarts and other Harry Potter Film Destinations; Stay a night at the Hobbit Hotel in New Zealand; or discover these Destinations with More than Meets the Eye from Transformers 2.
A sneak peek into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Once visitors step into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, they can touch, taste and experience the world of Harry Potter.
Located within Islands of Adventure complex at the Universal Orlando Resort, the new attraction offers 20 acres of shops, dining experiences, roller coasters, and attractions all taken straight from the Harry Potter world.
tripatlas.com/new gives you the inside scoop on the highlights from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter:
- Enter the Wizarding World through the life-sized town of Hogsmeade, past the Hogsmeade Station and the Hogwarts Express
- Visit Zonko’s joke shop where you can get extendible ears, boxing telescopes or sneakoscopes
- Pick up some sweets, chocolate frogs or Bertie Bott’s Every-Flavour Beans at Honeydukes
Stop in at the Hog’s Head Pub or Three Broomsticks where you can get traditional British fare like pumpkin juice or a real Butterbeer with your mates
- If you’re looking to relax, the Owlery and the Owl Post house hundreds of owls taking a break from delivering mail
- Get fitted for your own wand at Ollivanders Wand Shop: an experience where visitors will interact with Ollivander
- Don’t miss out on Dervish and Banges so you can pick up fun “magical” instruments like Remembralls, some Quidditch equipment or Tri Wizard apparel
- Outside of Hogsmeade, you’ll find the Dragon Challenge, as inspired by the Tri Wizard Tournament, where you can choose to ride a Chinese Fireball Dragon or Hungarian Horntail Dragon
- For something family friendly, you can hop on the Flight of the Hippogriff, located at the edge of the Forbidden Forest. Here, Hagrid will teach you how to ride a Hippogriff who will take you on a ride above and around the Wizarding World
- Finally, you can visit Hogwarts Castle. The castle is home to Harry Potter & the Forbidden Journey which is a state-of-the-art castle tour that takes visitors through iconic spaces within the Harry Potter story. The stories and characters really come to life in Hogwarts!
- Before exiting back into Hogsmeade, don’t miss Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods: full of Ministry of Magic and magical creatures merchandise, Omnioculars and even remote control Golden Snitches
Other themed attractions like Simpsons, Revenge of the Mummy, Shrek, Spiderman are already featured at Universal Orlando Resort. For more information, go to: www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter.
Looking to book a trip to Orlando, Florida? Check out the tripatlas.com/new Trip Builder where you can request a quote from over 104,000 travel agents who are ready to offer you the best prices on your trip.