If you’ve ever visited Las Vegas and walked down its strip, you’ll notice that buildings are “farther than they may appear.” Take Caesars Palace Hotel and Casino, for example. The already enormous 3 block casino resort and hotel is set for an expansion – to add to its Caesar’s Forum Shops, Coliseum Theatre, two large hotel towers, the Roman Plaza, and Outdoor Area.
The $1 billion expansion will include another hotel tower and a sports complex which will replace the events centre. Other new features will be:
- A new hotel tower called the Octavius Tower which will be adjacent to the already existing Palace Tower
- The Octavius Tower will include three new pool villa suites
- Three new swimming pools, including an outdoor whirlpool spa retreat, a poolside café and a nearby garden wedding venue
- A new meeting and convention centre
- 37,000 square feet of more casino space
- 110,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space which will cover the be right on the Strip and replace the outdoor Roman Plaza
- A “pedestrian promenade” which will have several decorative fountains and landscape along its paths
- A parking garage with 389 valet parking spaces
- Renovation and refurbishment to the current Forum Tower
It is estimated that its completion will be in 2009. Bette Midler is also signed up to begin shows in February of 2008 with 100 shows a year, replacing Celine Dion. It is also rumoured that Cher may also play alternate to Bette Midler. Elton John is continuing 50 Red Piano shows a year while Bette Midler is not on stage.