Combine a Traditional Honeymoon with a Volunteering Activity
Hands Up Holidays is an operator that believes that travel can make a positive difference – and a honeymoon should be no exception.
Hands Up Holidays offers a choice of ten honeymoon destinations which combine romance with meaningful volunteering, ideal for couples. Better yet, all carbon emissions from flights are offset by Climate Stewards, a tree planting organization. Better yet, at least 10% of profits made are given back to community partners that you are involved with on your honeymoon.
With many couples living and travelling together before getting married, the ‘brief’ for a honeymoon has changed over the years, and, without compromising on luxury and romance, honeymooners can now consider undertaking a volunteering activity, putting something back into local communities.
You can help local communities with long term issues, stay in romantic and luxurious accommodations, have tailored itineraries and still have time to vacation before and after your volunteering.
Where to Go to Volunteer: Painting, Community Work, Eco-Focus and More!
For honeymooners who wish to help out at orphanages, painting, cleaning, washing, preparing meals and generally relieving the burden of the primary care givers, this is possible in Thailand, South Africa, Kenya and Fiji.
Alternatively, helping build a playground for a local school is possible in Mozambique, whilst helping at a school teaching English or doing repair and renovation work is available in India and Vanuatu.
For more of an eco focus, honeymooners to Ecuador/Galapagos Islands can work alongside local fishermen as they visit local islands collecting debris from coastal areas and beaches. In Australia the theme is turtle conservation working alongside Aboriginal rangers in Queensland, whilst planting native trees in untouched parts of the Marlborough Sounds is available in New Zealand.
Hands Up Holidays Volunteering Honeymoons: Itineraries and Costs
- THAILAND – Bangkok, River Kwai, Ayutthaya, Khao Lak, Elephant Hills. 9 days. £1,400
- SOUTH AFRICA – Cape Town, Winelands, Luxury game lodge. 9 days. £2,900
- KENYA – Nairobi, Lamu and Amboseli, Samburu and Masai Mara National Parks.14 days. £4,350
- MOZAMBIQUE – Guludo Lodge with excursions to local villages/islands. 12 days. £2,200
- VANUATU – Efate Island throughout, based in Port Vila. 8 days. £1,050
- FIJI – Suva, Yasawa Islands. 8 days. £1,600
- ECUADOR/GALAPAGOS ISLANDS – Quito, Riobamba, Otavalo. 15 days. £2,400
- INDIA – Delhi, Agra, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur. 12 days. £1,490
- AUSTRALIA – Cairns/Port Douglas, Atherton Tablelands, Great Barrier Reef, Aurukun Wetland, Cape York Turtle Rescue, Haggerstone Island. 16 days. £5,950
- NEW ZEALAND – Auckland, Waiheke Island, Bay of Islands, Rotorua, Marlborough Sounds, Queenstown, Wanaka, Fox Glacier, Milford Sound. 16 days. £11,500
All prices are per person and include domestic transfers, accommodation and most meals but exclude international flights.
For more information on these trips, please visit: www.handsupholidays.com