An epicurean weekend sure to please even the most discriminating foodies and oenophiles: the second annual Cayman Cookout.
This second annual Cayman Cookout takes place January 14 through 18, 2010 and will be hosted by famed Chef Eric Ripert, sponsored by the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism and The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman.
Looking to book a trip to the Cayman Islands? Check out the tripatlas.com/new Trip Builder where you can request a quote local travel agents who are waiting to offer you custom prices on your trip.
Celebrity chefs and food experts to join Cayman Cookout
Ripert, best known for his award-winning NYC restaurant, Le Bernardin, and creator of the acclaimed Grand Cayman restaurant Blue, invites his talented culinary friends along for a weekend packed with headline demonstrations, tastings and excursions around the picturesque island of Grand Cayman.
Anthony Bourdain, Dean Fearing, David Chang, Grant Achatz, Jose Andres and Food & Wine magazine’s Gail Simmons, along with wine and spirits experts Ray Isle, Anthony Giglio, Aldo Sohm, Violet Grgich and Joy Spence, will take visitors on a journey celebrating food and wine.
“Cayman Cookout is a rare opportunity to meet and mingle personally with some of the world’s finest chefs and sommeliers,” says Paul Minich, country manager for the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism in Canada. “The event has a very laid-back, friendly style lending a sort of barefoot elegance to the whole weekend.”
Highlights of 2010 Cayman Cookout
- Chef Eric Ripert sharing his inspirations from the sea, and how his team at Blue celebrates the bounty of Cayman’s fourth and fifth generation fisherman; he’ll also lead a visit to his favourite place in Cayman, the world famous Stingray City.
- A behind-the-scenes look at the popular television show “Top Chef” with show judge, Food & Wine Magazine’s Gail Simmons answering questions and revealing secrets from the programme.
- Chef Grant Achatz leading a masterful demonstration on how the science and gastronomic worlds collide.
- Anthony Bourdain regaling guests on Seven Mile Beach with his favourite culinary experiences, and the next day hosting a beach barbecue at Calico Jack’s.
- A ‘Made-in-Spain’ demonstration by Chef Jose Andres as he prepares his renowned tapas and giant paella, paired with Spanish wines.
- An extraordinary Cayman Cookout Gala Dinner, the highlight of the weekend – a seven course dinner prepared by Chefs Ripert, Achatz, Andres, Chang, Bourdain, and Fearing.
Additional events, including a showcase on the ‘art of sustainable production’; the best new wines in Austria from Aldo Sohm, named the ‘Best Sommelier in the World’; cooking with Chef Dean Fearing; and more, will be held over the weekend.
For tickets and information visit www.CaymanIslands.ky/Cookout .